Medical Cannabis Card in Florida
We have covered how to get medical cannabis in Florida, but before getting the pain relief you need, you’ll have to apply for a medical cannabis card in Florida. Since Amendment 2 was passed in November last year (2016) patients with severe conditions have been trying to qualify for a medical cannabis card.
We already know most of the treated conditions from our previous articles, but for the purpose of this article we will recap the list of all eligible conditions approved in Florida for a medical cannabis card:
- Lou Gehrig’s Disease
- Terminal Illness
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Crohn’s disease
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Chronic muscle spasms
- Or other conditions which have the same symptoms/severity, determined by a physician’s opinion that the use of medical marijuana would surpass any potential health risks
While the above list isn’t every single condition treated but it is the most common that we can see getting access to medical cannabis in Florida.
How do I get a medical cannabis card in Florida?
In three relatively simple steps:
- Get your documentation together. One of the first steps is to show your proof of residency. Further, if a qualified physician prescribes you medical cannabis, you’ll have to register with the state. It’s better to get organized now.
- Start seeing a licensed physician. If you have one of the eligible conditions mentioned above then you might already be seeing a licensed physician. However, if you’re looking for medical cannabis treatment then you need to be seeing a physician (over 300 qualified medical cannabis doctors in Florida) for at least 90 days.
- Continue seeing your qualified physician. The legalization of medical cannabis is new and the rules and regulations could change at any time. That being said, if you are in continuous contact with your physician, monthly checkups would be fine, then the doctor has a case for keeping your dose the same or even increasing it if he or she feels that is right for you. If you do not continue to see your physician you may lose your medical cannabis card or even worse be unqualified to receive treatment.
The bottom line is that obtaining a medical cannabis card in Florida isn’t has hard as you think. For more information about how you can qualify for a medical cannabis card in Hudson or Tampa, FL click here or call us on (727) 202-4325.